The gut health enhancer
(European patent number EP 2 410 871 B1)
SILO started the reaserch activity on Monobutyrin for feed and drinking water applications in 2008. In 2009 Monobutyrin produced by SILO was launched on the market with very positive response from field.
Monobutyrin is composed of 1-monoglycerides of butyric acid developed to maintain high and well balanced nutritional level with positive economic return of investment due to improved Feed Conversion Ratio.
The intestinal mucosa has a primary function for the selective absorption of nutrients and for the protection against several diseases. Monobutyrin produced by SILO was tested in an extensive research program.
The return of investment is highly favourable in all steps of the production chain: for feed producer, for farming units and for meat processing company in terms of feed efficiency and meat carcass safety.
SILO patented the use of Monobutyrin with glycerol under the European patent number EP 2 410 871 B1.
- Villus growth
- Gut integrity
- Stimulation of tight junctions expression and gut integrity
- Improve FCR
- Increase of the intestinal surface
- Increase of the crypt depth in colon
- Available in dry and liquid form
- Available in 25 kg bag, 750 kg big bag, 20 kg can, 1000 kg IBC
- Non corrosive
- Heat stable up to 200 ° C
- Neutral taste and odour
- Produced in GMP+ certified facilities