SILO started the production of tributyrin in 2004.
The Tributyrin produced by SILO is characterized by a high level of purity and a high amount of triglycerides of butyric acid (>90%).
- ETriglycerides of butyric acid do not need any protection since they are not absorbed in the crop and gizzard (their behavior is similar to that of lipids)
- ELipases easily separate the butyric acid from the glycerol due to the low melting point (-4°C) making butyric acid available in the gut
- ETributyrin is a very efficient way to deliver the butyric acid to the gut: beneficial effects on gut integrity and on FCR are among the main effects appreciated by our clients. An example of beneficial effects on FCR is reported here below:
- EAvailable in dry and liquid form
- ENon corrosive; odorless; highly palatable
- EHeat stable up to 150°C
- EpH stable (from pH 1 to pH 8)
- EStable during pelletizing/extrusion
- ECompatible with feed or premix ingredients: plant extracts, vitamins, proteins, enzymes etc.
- EReduced in GMP+/QS/FamiQS & ISO certified facilities
- EPackaging: 25 kg bags, 750 kg big bag, 20 kg cans, 1000 kg IBC